These Sweet Potato Cakes were literally the easiest recipe I have cooked up in a while. I like cooking sweet potatoes for two reasons:
- If you’re feeling up in the air or swirly whirly, eating a root vegetable is great way to bring in a sense of grounding
- Um, and reason number two… if you’re feeling a hungry a root vegetable is a great way to bring in a sense of feeling not hungry. (I’m hilarious, I know)
So if you’re in a mood for something warm and comforting with a hint of sweetness, try this sweet potato cake recipe out. Or if you’re like me and you get a copious amount of sweet potatoes in your farm delivery box, this’ll be a great go-to for you. And bonus…my kids loved them because I kept using the word CAKE. tricky tricky.
Here’s what you need: (for a family of four)
- 1 very large sweet potato
- Coconut oil
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder
- Ghee or Grass-Fed Butter
- Parchment Paper
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat oven to 400, then line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rub dry potatoes with paper towel to remove dirt.
- Slice unpeeled Potatoes in large circular sections (as pictured above)
- Heat coconut oil in heavy skillet on medium heat.
- Once oil liquifies, place unseasoned potato slices in hot pan.
- As they are cooking season with seasonings.
- Sear on each side for 3 minutes. It’s ok if you see dark spots pop up on potatoes from the sear. They aren’t burnt (their just getting yummy for you)
- Use tongs to transfer sweet potatoes to the pan then place in oven
- Cook sweet potatoes for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven then put a teensy bit of ghee or grass-fed butter on top.
- Once butter is melted serve right away!
The leftovers also work really well for breakfast with a boiled or over-easy egg!
Hope you enjoy this super simple yet super healthy recipe for Sweet Potato Cakes.
For other easy and healthy veggie recipes; check these out: